I’m so glad you’ve stopped by. I’m thrilled because this is my very first blog post on my Laura Rooker site and I’m excited to share the type of posts my readers can expect!
Before I dive right in though, it’s so nice to meet you. I’m Laura Rooker, the creator and designer at The Mint Green Gallery. As you can tell, I take life very seriously.
Now that the intro is out of the way, let’s begin. After searching high and low for passive income ideas, (I really love the idea of getting paid while I sleep or fold laundry) I decided to open the doors of The Mint Green Gallery. It’s been a really creative outlet for me where I create art printables.
Good question. It’s a design that was made either digitally (or by hand and scanned onto a computer) that the user or consumer can download and have printed however they choose! Many printable art pieces can be made into canvases, or greeting cards, or framed pictures… or anything really!
The great thing about creating these digital prints and selling them on Etsy lets say, is that hundreds of people can purchase your same design time and time again; that’s where the residual income part comes in! A hundred sales for the creation of one item: good deal!
So all in all, I went from being a Starbucks barista to developing my passion for design and finally saying, “OK, let’s do this” and started my printable art shop in December of 2020. I’m having more fun now than ever because I found what makes me naturally inspired, and I hope to share that with you guys!
Here are some subjects you can expect from my blog. This way you can determine whether or not you’ll even like what I bring to the table right off the bat! (lol)
1. I am and always will be a sucker for inspirational quotes and memes and whatever else. Expect some of this to be incorporated in my posts. I do however like to shy away from the cliche sayings like “Live every moment like your last” or “Live Laugh Love” as I like to think I bring a little more depth to the table… 🙂
2. Business and marketing tips. Even though I’m no expert yet, I’d love for people to learn with me as I grow. I’m starting to get a hang of this SEO thing, and will always be sharing what I learn and how my progress is going.
3. Perspective as a working from home parent. Are you a parent working from home struggling to stay focused? Or maybe you’re not a parent! Or maybe you don’t work from home! Either way. I hope to share organizational tips, and anything I can that can help the next person as I am also constantly learning from others as well. Here’s where it may get to be lifestyle-ish on my blog. I’ll probably just be sharing whatever is on my mind in regards to family life!
4. Design tips and wall art ideas. I really want to help people discover ways they can brighten their home with fun art. I also want to share how I create certain designs and what tools I use in my design business, all the way from creating the digital design to posting it on my Etsy shop.
5. Techy Advice. Sometimes I think I know things about technology. What I know, I will share! Whether it’s about a website design or development aspect, or a simpler how-to, I hope my knowledge can help others.
With all that said, I want to end by saying thanks so much for reading and I hope to stay in touch with you! Give me a shout out with your favorite subjects to blog about and how you help others grow!